Originally Posted by Pemberley
Update: DH spoke to our insurance company and was told there should be no problem getting the eval covered. Looks like it wasn't submitted properly so he filed an appeal and we assume it will all be a non-issue. So yes apparently a CYA scenario that created unnecessary aggravation. That takes care of the money part but doesn't make me any more comfortable with the cavalier attitude...
Just as an FYI, in case you aren't aware: when an insurance claim is denied, there is an explanatory code referenced on the denial. The biller should have been able to see where they'd made an error (left off a critical piece, used the wrong dx code, etc.) That was just crummy treatment on behalf of the front office, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the DO has no earthly idea how the insurance side works. It seems to be an art form in and of itself.

Glad your DD is doing well and hope your DH can take her! It's hard not to have these reactions, isn't it? I think it must be part of the PTSD thing that goes along with having a 2E child. It's hard to assume/trust that the world is a safe place when your experience points in the other direction.

Sending support.