MegMeg could you post links to the stuff that convinced you it was legit? I am prepping for a meeting on Tuesday and could use some ammunition.

DD has been doing VT for 2 months and it hasn't been too bad at all. The drive to the vision gym has been very time consuming but she has been super cooperative with doing the excercises at home. She even did them while we were on vacation. She wants this fixed. (She has so many issues she want *something* to be fixed...) Some are difficult, or at least they were in the beginning. Now if she is assigned the same sort of thing it is much, much easier. I think this means it's improving. We go for a recheck in 2 weeks and will know more then.

In terms of reading improvement the first day with her reading glasses DD went from 59 wpm to 81 wpm. That told me the DO had accurately identified an issue or 2. The plan is to make the glasses unnecessary but we'll see what happens.

Aquinas I hope your pediatrician is cooperative. This is one of the first things I asked about when we started this journey 4 years ago and our pediatrician almost had a heart attack. Now that our insurance no longer needs a referral so I was able to do it. The only thing worse than the guilt of not seeing it sooner is having seen it and feeling like you failed to get your kid the help they needed when you DID see it and no one would believe you. Yeah that one's a whole lot of fun...

Last edited by Pemberley; 07/24/15 05:50 AM.