My earlier post was made in haste, I should have said putrid doctor's practice.

Please do share this because the front office staff make or break a practice. Doctor's that choose to hire the dumb/the arrogant/the lazy/the forgetful (or all of the above) are doing so for one reason - keeping costs down, i.e. maximizing profits at the expense of customer service. This isn't a five and dime, it's a medical practice and the service when delivered properly can be life changing.

Whenever I see a practice with (and I'll call it what it is) crap front office staff - warning bells go off in my head. I suspect that the office staff failed to get clearance in time so we're trying to cover up their mistake in your case. Who knows which samples are being mislabeled, reports misfiled in such a place.

I really think that you should try to speak with the doctor him/herself about this and if you do not get a degree of satisfaction then you really do have a moral obligation to prevent them from damaging other families like this by shaming them publicly.

Sorry for the rant (mods feel free to delete) but medicine for profit (to the detriment of patient care) really just gets my goat and this is an especially egregious example of it.

Last edited by madeinuk; 09/11/15 03:19 AM. Reason: Qualified profit statement - obviously they should have a decent living

Become what you are