I just feel like taking my kids, living in the woods and just teaching them myself. But I can't do that. I make the most money in our household and our kids are expensive lol. I don't mean with the things they have as we aren't living above our means, but I mean with their karate and dance classes and gymnastics. All of that costs money lol. And now we are looking in to private schools but the ones here locally are close to $1800-$2000 a month so that would be more money which means no chance of homeschooling.

With our son, when we explained why he had to read "The Rats Of Nymph" for class and he couldn't just read his Non Fiction History books instead then he complied a lot of easier. He is the type of kid who literally needs to know the purpose behind a lesson. And yes we are those parents whom explain to him why he needs to something and how it's a benefit to not just him but to us as his parents or his teacher. With our daughter we can tell her "because I am the parent and you are the child" but our son isn't like that. Maybe my parenting style is so far to other extreme of what the teaching style is. Maybe that's the problem and for the sake of my child to make sure this teacher stops singling him out because of her issue with me I need to conform to her? I don't know. I'm grasping here. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.