We are still throwing tantrums here. The day dreaming is well in hand. We've been averaging 2-3 fits a week over stupid stuff.

Two questions. First, at what point do I consider seeing a Pysc? Our previous visit involved travel, so we'd need someone close to home. I don't have any interest in having her tested again until after we do the Explore to see if it's worth the money and time (probably in February).

Second, what do you do with a HG/PG kiddo when home school is not working? Unschooling is not an option with this kid. B and M school would be a joke.

Where we are at the moment: She has a program she's enrolled in once a week right now she loves- hands on math and science with kids a year or so older: Starbase. She gets to be the "Pilot" for her table tomorrow.

We've told her how important it is she manage her temper this week so she can go. She's proceeded to throw tantrums, slam fists, scribble pages... I took away attending the program on Monday and told her, "Hey, have an awesome Tuesday and Wednesday, and you can earn it back."

Yesterday was good... Today was a nuclear blow up over a multi-digit multiplication problem. It was review, and really long. I actually lost my place showing her how to do it, so I do understand her frustration.

I'm always afraid I'm inciting her (my own mother was a pro- if she said, "if you do x than you cannot do y", I knew she'd make sure I would blow up and lose y, every single time.) It was not a skill that served me well going into adulthood.

Managing one's temper is a non-negotiable.

I think I'm making things worse instead of better. She seems to get angry whenever she needs to do anything she deems time-consuming or hard.

We don't have much for schooling options for her. If she was enrolled, she'd be working 2 full grade levels ahead. There are no options within an hour+ that would accommodate. I'd like to switch to something online, but online public school is not really an option either (it's pretty bad in our state), and the reviews on K12.com and Time4Learning are pretty dismal.

EPGY until she takes the Explore? I don't want to move her test date up because she likely to play connect the dots if she goes into it with her current attitude. I'm not sure if I'll know more after the Explore, anyhow.

Thanks-