Well, we started back from out break on Monday. Had a tantrum right off when she had an error in math I asked her to correct. Since they were simple problems and simple errors, I gave others to do instead. And informed her there would be twice as many of whatever she was rebelling against.

Things have been much better, though. I've added some hands on projects with dad while I'm at work and she started a Starbase class last week. We added a pile of non fiction books that are over her head (math and science), and she's working her way through vi hart's infinity videos stopping whenever she doesn't understand something. She seems to need the out of level stuff to chew on. Although she reads at something of an advanced level, her strength is in math.

Most importantly, I took away her day planner and told her we will finish at 2:30 pm (which was when we finished when I had daily tutoring students). If we finish before that, it's a bonus.

We did also start back to our group writing class I teach. She willingly spent an hour writing and revising her story for that yesterday.

I know the day dreaming is still happening in the evening, but with more to think about during the day, it seems less intrusive.