Dd 9 is our youngest child. All of her older half-siblings are probably gifted at some level, but she is our most extreme. We are homeschooling her as that is our only real option.

We had her tested 3 years ago, and she missed Davidson by a hair. Although she was uncooperative with the tester, we really haven't seen the need to re-evaluate. We may do Explore this year as our yearly test, just for another angle.

At the time of the test, the Neuropysc (one of the nationally recommended for gifted kiddos), strongly recommended home school with rigorous, engaging curricula (and very strongly discouraged unschooling, which we were doing at that point). It has proven to be good advice.

Although she's always been intense and argumentative, at this point, every day requires full de-escalation techniques on my part to get through the day. Most recently, she's begun throwing "tantrums". There is no "heat" behind them, although it can quickly escalate. Scribbling in textbooks, crumbling papers, slamming her fist on the piano during practice. It feels very manipulative. She doesn't want to do anything "hard". Everything requires an argument. Everything.

She's in extracurriculars she likes, her schooling is largely 2-3 full grade levels ahead of her age grade, and subjects she finds interesting (well, except maybe spelling, which is a necessity). She's learning, but isn't being pushed to her limit by any means.

I've streamlined things so she's mostly working 4-5 hours a day, 4 days per week- including piano practice and an outside class with kids she likes. She helps me with volunteer activities and has adequate downtime to day dream, do art, and be creative.

I work 20 or so hours a week, mostly evening and Saturday, so she doesn't have too much time with me.

Anyone BTDT or can recommend a resource? I'm worn out.

Thanks!
Bean