Originally Posted by Cookie
My biggest meltdowns with my 9 yo pg son are when he isn't happy and not willing to compromise with the meal plan or the choice of healthy snacks....

Oh, yes. Here, too. DD is an EXTRAORDINARILY picky eater and many of her bad moods start with being told she needs to pick a healthier food option. This is my child who GAGS on fruits and vegetables. I gave her pureed fruits up until recently, just to get more healthy food into her. She rarely eats vegetables, so we allow her to drink low-sodium V8 (poor substitute, but I have trouble getting her to consume FRUIT!). (Sigh). She seems to be genuinely texture and taste-sensitive, and it is a real struggle - we make many fruit smoothies and have also sometimes hidden healthy ingredients in food. We have tried to avoid food battles, but when your child wants to live on carbs and dairy products alone (and sweets, if we'd let her - we don't), you DO feel like you need to put your foot down.

So many, many of DD's bad moods have been tied to limits we put on unhealthy foods/insisting on healthy foods.