Middle kid did take the PSAT in 9th and 10th - our district pays for all students to take it in 9th, 10th & 11th.

At first, she said she would prep for the SAT before taking it in 10th...but of course, she did not. One way in which it was helpful was for showcase tournaments. She had four showcases this summer for her sport, plus attended one of the premier recruiting camps. I think the SAT score was helpful for the better (academic) DIII coaches to see. Seems like everyone is a 4.0 student, so the SAT sets her apart. Plus, seems like there aren't as many bright kids in the team sports versus more individual sports (swimming, tennis, wrestling), but that would be an entire thread in itself.

I do think she can improve upon her SAT scores. The difference between without prep and with prep for my eldest was 70 points on CR and 40 points on math. Made a difference. And middle kid does have a shot at NMSF - her SAT score means she is about 3 points away from NMSF for our state (certainly worth the studying).