Thanks bluemagic.

There is one private school near us that does not do IQ testing. Instead, they screen parents for their SES, which just rubs me the wrong way and really makes SO angry so we never applied.

I don't mind that these schools screen kids by IQ but I do mind that so many families participate in the test prep madness. That puts the rest of us between a rock and a hard place. Looking at the prep materials available on amazon, I personally feel that is getting close to cheating but there are children who go to a prep center 3 days a week to study using such materials with a professional coach and I don't know if I'd be hurting DD's chance if I did nothing.

I think at the end of the day, I have to believe that the school knows what they are doing and if they think the school and DD are a good match, they'd offer her a spot.

DD's social skills with adults and age-peers are pretty good but compared to other precocious children who are 11 months older, she looks rather immature, which does put her at a disadvantage during the group interview part. frown