Originally Posted by Val
Originally Posted by 22B
Is this the most recent case of a fake PG child? It seems like an extremely rare phenomenon.

I suspect that this case was merely the most extreme to date. Otherwise, if you think about all the test prep that goes into admissions for gifted schools, crafting a gifted child is a common phenomenon. Think about it: the kindergarten test prep industry in New York City is huge. Most of these people are probably faking up MG children, but I suspect that more people would fake HG+ if they could get away with it.

I had DS7 tested in a very competitive city with brutal competition for local gifted programs. His tester came very highly recommended by a natonal expert in gifted ed (who happens to be a neighbor). Anyway, when I had DS7 tested I knew nothing about the craziness surrounding gifted admissions. After his testing was done, the tester said to me, "Well it's clear that you didn't cheat!" (Something along those lines.) I didn't know what she was referencing. She then explained that she REGULARLY gets parents who have prepped their kids and cheat. I was shocked (and very naive!)

So very sad.

Last edited by somewhereonearth; 07/11/14 01:12 PM.