Thanks Polarbear!

I have thought more about the GT teacher's comment that "DS knows when DS says he's bored everyone jumps." And, in addition to all that you have said on the matter, the fundamental problem I realize that I have with her statement is the light in which she seems to view my son. To me this sounds like she sees him as manipulative as someone who complains that he is bored and unhappy at school just to see adults "jump" for him. First of all, he has never actually said that he is bored to her.. he has said it to me about certain subjects, in particular math. He has said he hates math class even though he loves math because it is so boring and I believe him! The work is well below him... He also has said it in the past about the books available because the books are boring, below his level and not of his interest. And I have gone to the school about these issues in an attempt to remedy them and I rarely get anywhere except for lately and still I HAD to buy books and give them to the school for him to have some books on his level.

MY son said to me a few weeks ago the following:
"Kristopher says that he loves school. I am jealous of that. Why does he love school and not find it boring like I do? Why is he having fun? What am I missing? I want to like school, I have to go there everyday... I am so jealous that everyone else seems to think it is fun and I am not enjoying it. I can't figure out what I am missing." It was really kind of sad. He's not lying when he says he is bored, he really is bored. It is not the entire problem but it is or has been part of the problem.