Originally Posted by KathrynH
Honestly, some families get labeled as "problems" because they are the squeaky wheels.

Oh I am very sure I have this label! LOL. I had to fight really hard last year to get and KEEP my son's accommodations and it was NOT PRETTY. AT. ALL. But, so far this year has been fine. DS seems happy, he reports he is getting his accommodations. He is in GT program. His grades appear to be good. He is in a differientiated math group. He is way above grade level in reading and math. He's so high in reading he doesn't even have a group - he's by himself. There was a problem with the spelling teacher (different than the regular teacher) making him write out 30 spelling words but I emailed teacher and principal and the issues was resolved quickly and he is permitted to type his spelling sorts and sort tests now.

Anyway, it could be just a meeting with everyone just because I am a pain and they are simply trying to please me... but I want some notice and some idea of what is in store - like, if there are "issues/concerns" I want to know ahead what they are; and, if there are not any, then I'd like to know that too.

Part of it is that these people just traumatized me last year - and I assure you I am not easily traumatized! But I guess when it's one's child, one is even more vulnerable....