So we have DS' p/t conference tomorrow. I was anticipating just the usual 15 minute fluff conference with just the teacher (that's all we signed up for). DS's progress report is fine as far as I am concerned... I mean, it is of course not really reflective of his abilities (for eg, he got "PH" in all reading and math but,really, since he is grade levels above in both should they really be As for "advanced?" but I am trying not to get neurotic and nit-picky about grade reports that really mean nothing.) (oh and the scale is PL for proficient low, P for proficient, PH for Proficient High and A for advanced.)

As per usual with this school, they LOVE to catch me off-guard! Twenty minutes ago I get an email from the teacher stating that she "has invited everyone that DS works with to the conference" Uh, okay, really? So I guess this will be longer than 15 minutes then, right? And I am going to this alone b/c DH just had surgery and we have no childcare anyways... And who are "everyone?" All the teachers? or all of the iep people?

Now ,I am annnoyed b/c this is not what I was expecting. I was expecting a light 15minute conversation with the teacher. Does this mean there are bigger issues to discuss? If we are going to have an IEP meeting or a pseudo-iep meeting then give me some notice, ykim? I am just not in the mood for this... I always feel ganged up on... Not that I think they have anything to gang up on me about but why are they all coming? It makes me uneasy and I feel vulnerable..

I am really, really considering cancelling it and rescheduling when I can have my husband with me. Is that bad?

I just have PTSD from this school, LOL ... I welcome anyone's opinion even if it is that I am overreacting... What do y'all think?

Last edited by Irena; 11/24/13 06:09 PM.