Yes, but extra time on an exam is not going to get you into the Gifted program or anything like that.

My point: if a kid is neurotypical and truly GIFTED, he/she is not even gonna need or use the extra time or remediations available to whose with legit Dxs. I get that some kids may lie to get extra time or whatever but the question posed here in this thread and some of the anecdotes here in this thread are about truly GIFTED kids who are NOT disabled or have ADHD or have any LDs needing/using a "fake LD/ADHD/label" to get into a gifted program and to open paths to them that are not open to a neurotypical gifted kid and that is simply not true in my experience. Sure, you child with a 150 IQ may get some extra time and some OT or even a shadow (trust me - most kids, especially neurotypical ones, do not want a 'shadow') that he or she really will not need or even want... it won't do anything else like get them into a gifted program or access to special high-level classes or anything like that... At least not to my knowledge and experience.

Last edited by Irena; 11/07/13 07:25 PM.