Since IDEA was never fully funded (http://febp.newamerica.net/backgrou...ities-education-act-funding-distribution) most school districts (in our state -- other might be more generous in bridging the gap) are better off with the least number of identified students. Child find is a joke around here.

Don't even get me started! It was almost impossible to get DS an IEP in the first place and within a year of him getting it they were talking about taking it away, and kept trying to come up with "fake" progress that seemed to be clear to everyone but me and Dh. It has also proven almost impossible to get OT services onto DS's IEP. The school wouldn't even evaluate him! I finally had to complain to the State, an advocacy group, etc. before they finally agreed to do anything. DS's IEP manager told me it would be pointless to even bother trying to get OT or a "Physically Impaired" IEP because DS would hardly get anything anyway. They don't want to "find" special needs kids OR give them any services. So that's one reason why I'm so frustrated with the concept of someone coming up with a fake disability in order to get services that are already spread so thin among kids who actually have disabilities. They told me the MOST anyone would ever get in our school for OT would be 20 minutes per week.