Originally Posted by madeinuk
I discovered that she has zero backing from the govt because she has the IQ and achievement but no LD and having an LD on her 'chart' would have been the 'open sesame' for her.
What does this mean? What would "having an LD on her chart" "open" up for her? Accomodations that she really doesn't need but would give her an edge or something? I am really confused as to what a perfectly 'normal' gifted child would really get by 'pretending to have an LD'? Seriously. My child (and I) struggles everyday with the various stigmas and untrue assumptions, etc because he has an iep and a diagnosed disability and I am really confused by how much a truly perfectly fine child would get from being labled LD? It basically gets you looked at in not a very flattering way pretty much all of the time, by everyone (parents, teachers, teacher's assistants, other students) And it certainly doesn't open the door to gifted services! The most a child would get is pulled out of regular class for remdial services that I am at a lose of how such services would help someone who has no issues other than to bore the heck out of them?

Last edited by Irena; 11/07/13 09:20 AM.