Originally Posted by MumOfThree
So if he can't focus on his work because he's too busy in his own dreamworld why don't you think he has ADHD? How clear is your understanding of what ADHD actually is? The inability to control his attention and choose what he focuses on is pretty integral to ADHD.

I'm wondering this as well. Some kids have a "space cadet" version of ADHD that is just inattentive, and they look totally different than the hyper or impulsive ones.

DS's neuropsych just did computerized testing on him today to check for ADHD. It is an incredibly boring test where the kid has to click on things when needed in a timely fashion and not click when they are not supposed to. So it measures how long they can focus, how quick their reaction time is, and how impulsive they are. So it gives an idea of the type of ADHD. Luckily DS did well on this test, but I think if DD had had it she would have bombed it. I liked that it gives more objective data than observations or inventories. DS's wiggly behavior screamed out ADHD to the neuropsych but it turned out he did well on all the testing. But the opposite can happen where a child "looks" ok, but they really aren't.