Originally Posted by DeeDee
Originally Posted by mykids
I am running into an interesting dilemma and I am curious to know what others think…my EG 7year old continues to struggle in school that basically manifests itself in underachievement. Full testing work up at 6 says no 2e.

Instead of looking for a fake diagnosis,I would look for help in understanding why he's underachieving. This could include further testing by someone who's expert in this particular issue; and looking for LDs that were missed the first time.

ITA.

I realize he's been through a psyched eval, but I'm curious about a few things - did the eval include visuo-motor integration testing or any executive function etc testing? Were your ds' IQ subtest scores consistent across different subtests or were there peaks and valleys? He's underachieving in school - was that also reflected in his psych ed eval achievement testing, or were all of those subtest scores in a similar range to his ability scores?

You asked about stealth dyslexia in a previous post and noted that there had been some questions about vision... do you feel those questions have been entirely ruled out?

polarbear