Originally Posted by Momma Bear
I agree with so many people here that the point of the hostility is to get me to leave the school. I mean I've actually been asked why I just don't home school. For us it's just not an option so I move onward with hope and a prayer!
Please bear in mind that while several are sharing personal anecdotes which indicate a school may have used this or other techniques to force someone out... that we cannot speak to your situation directly... hostility in a meeting MAY be a technique to encourage a family to leave, just one thing for a family to consider to avoid being a party to their own demise.

Meanwhile on the subject of overheard conversations within earshot of a child, a side conversation encourages me to add:
Sometimes a child may be believed to be fully occupied with something else... a parent may initiate a conversation, join a conversation, add a topic to a conversation, or steer a conversation in a particular direction, and later be disappointed with the results/response. Just something which parents may need to be aware of, in the event they may catch their conversations veering into matters which they deem adult-only or potentially toxic for their children. Being mindful of this protects their children and also prevents sandbagging of relationships with other parents, teachers, etc. This does not in any way speak to the exact circumstances which HK shared, or attempt to explain or justify that person's words, which are reprehensible.

Last edited by indigo; 10/16/13 10:39 AM. Reason: clarify?