Originally Posted by mommajay
To everyone aside from indigo, thank you. I wouldn't have even thought to ask to see the actual policy. I've never had to go beyond the principal on an issue before, so this will be a first.

Personal research including reviewing policy is often a first step not an escalation. Parents often find and review the policy on their own. Policies are often linked from the district website, and parents can usually browse and print them.

To indigo, I didn't say anything inconsistent
There was discussion of inconsistency on your last thread in which you first stated you did not wish your daughter to have whole grade acceleration, then later shared your daughter did not want acceleration. Similarly this post seemed to be at odds with information in your previous thread; possibly the details now shared explain and clarify the continuity.

and I'm sorry you see it fit to point out that-- yes, dear Lord, I got divorced--
actually you pointed that out or forum readers would not have known.

or to insinuate that I'm lying.
Unfortunately your story has been difficult to follow in part due to inconsistency, anger, and emotion.

My daughter was in a different school district last year where they didn't know what to do and suggested she move to a school with a better gifted program if I didn't want to skip her. Before I made the move, I met with the principal of her current school. Terrific lady, and we had three separate meetings to discuss the situation, ending up deciding that subject accelerations would be the way to go. That principal then got moved to another school within the district unexpectedly at the end of the year, so she was no longer going to be my daughter's new principal this year.
This is where having a paper trail may be helpful. The papers would usually include collected test scores, current policy/practice, and friendly e-mails to meeting participants which recap your meeting discussions. Have you considered contacting the former principal to see if she may be able to advocate for your daughter, on the strength of the rapport you built with her?

I thought that would be okay, and that I'd just need to explain to the interim principal what we had agreed on. Instead, he told me he had to ask the superintendent of educational services, who said it was against district policy to do subject accelerations.
Providing this complete picture prior to asking for input in a public forum may be helpful.

... my personal life and how that affects people's desire to respond to me?
I reflected on your statements to the public forum... inconsistency, offensive language, emotional, defensive. It is much easier to provide helpful information when the educational facts are clearly presented, and when there is not concern that an OP may lash out if they do not appreciate what is shared based on the limited information initially provided.

finally finding our "forever home"

Congratulations on your new home.

in the only nearby district known for its gifted program
Some may wonder how this district (or any district) has come to be known for its gifted program. For example: Was the school or district featured in a book? In newspaper coverage? Magazine articles? High School Rankings? What specific hallmarks or features is the gifted program known for? Are these strengths of the gifted program documented in policy and practice statements?

because I want her to have a good education
That's what we all want and have found to various degrees. Because we know how difficult it is or can be, we volunteer our time on forums to help in the outreach to help others.

And yes, she doesn't complain about being bored unless you ask her. What's your point?
This was recapping discussion from your earlier thread. ... brings to mind an often repeated saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".' On the other hand, if you believe your daughter's lack of mentioning boredom indicates she may already be resigned and underachieving, then IQ tests may be of some help.

...judge me...

Sorry, no. You sound stressed and I do not wish to add to your stress. In turn I ask you to consider that friends are not necessarily those who tell you what you'd like to hear, and people are not judging you if they speak very directly.