Dear Trinity,
I have bought about 2 dozens of books from amazon last month. They arrived yesterday. She has already finished with two of them - goldilocks and good night gorilla. her memory is very sharp and no books last more thatn two reads. I am living in India - reading to toddlers is conceptually missing...there is nothing here for gifted children. She just does not sit in a place these days. Its really hard. Homeschooling is no concept here and so I put siya in a play group so she could interact with kids her age. She cried and cried...and kept calling other kids babies...its so difficult!Anyways i was compelled to pull her out of school for once.
I do tell her loads of stories. I include family and friends for characters which helps keep her intrigue. My big question is how do I spot which area she is 'gifted' in? Whwn will I know? This may help me narrow down and focus on those areas.
These days she likes to spend the whole day at our lawn and with our animals...we have ducks, cows, dogs,a cat and hens. She likes horses and we may bring one. When she is bored with them she likes to play football. She likes puzzles and I have got her some.
I am really trying to figure out what more I can do to help her.
Blessed Be,
dali