Earlier there were videos by Davidson Talent Development that I can't find now.  One of them was about "early college".  It went into detail about the ways you can tell and the reasons your kid might need or benefit from early college.   When the video only described how to identify an early college candidate I thought to myself, "they are or they aren't. and they will or they won't.  they're ready whenever they're ready.  isn't that the easy obvious part?"

Then I read this thread on the Well Trained Mind forum:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=419614

Inside this thread uncovers an apparent trend of parents who are planning to rush their children through school to graduate with a bare minimum of credits to go through a college like Phoenix online, not even a community college. Yes, the distinction needs to be made between kids who are educated and competitive at a younger age and kids who are rushed into getting the easiest diploma.  I didn't know until reading that thread that there was a need for a PSA to distinguish between the two.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar