We do intend to list DYS on my daughter's college application this year. However, she did not actually become a DYS until she was a sophomore in high school (after attending THINK at Davidson). The Davidson stuff is all over her college app anyway (four courses of college credit through THINK), so she put it in. It would have been a harder call to make if she had been accepted before high school, I guess. There is a section in the Common App in the Academics section called "Honors", and she listed it there and ticked the 10th grade box. If she had been accepted prior to high school and we had decided to enter it, we probably would have mentioned it in the additional information section.

Somehow Mensa has a different flavor to me (and seem more likely to trigger bias than Davidson). I would be more hesitant to list that unless my kid had somehow been very active in it.

I will say this... if an admissions officer is biased against gifted kids, I am pretty sure my kid doesn't want to attend their college anyway.