I wrote a rather long response about the changes in the college application process over the past 30 years, and I might post that later, but I think I can relate this to another area of interest to my kids - sports.

My eldest is going into her senior year in HS, and she thinks she might want to play DIII softball. Every college has a recruiting form to fill out for sports, with both sports info and academic info. The form asks for time from Home to 1st. Say your kid is really speedy (and it seems that most of the really speedy kids are born that way, not made through practice). So you put down 2.7 seconds for your time. That's great, but your batting average is only .100 and you make a ton of errors in the field.

I think for the folks that say don't put down DYS (or IQ), they mean that listing something that you are born with (IQ or speed) does not in and of itself add to your application. Maybe if that ballplayer had a batting average of .450 because she can put down a great bunt and use her speed to get on base, that means something. Maybe if you did something with DYS - THINK or used help from DYS to improve programs at your school - then you should list it.