Oh yikes Cricket - that neuropsych was horrid!!! Ugh!!!!

You asked back in the OP about how one "treats" dyslexia - and like you mentioned, the remediation techniques tend to be aimed at beginning readers. From what I understand the approach varies according to a student's unique set of needs too (at least somewhat), plus if it's not what it typically considered to be dyslexia but instead some other cause - a dyslexia-oriented approach might not work. Sooooo.... given that another neuropsych eval might not be doable, I'd consider a few other things:

1) If you can afford a developmental optometrist evaluation and you feel relatively sure that the dr you'll see for it is credible, do that in place of her regular eye exam next year (I only say "in place of" because the eye dr that we had our dd's vision therapy through included a standard exam as part of his intake evaluation). Although it isn't true for everyone, our insurance paid for our dd's developmental optometrist evaluation and the bulk of her vision therapy - so, it's at least worth a look into.

2) Try to get your dd accommodations at school based on what you know already from her previous testing. Our dd who has the associative memory challenge has recommendations for accommodations that include books on tape (including textbooks), quiet place in the classroom for testing, not graded on spelling except on spelling tests, a copy of times tables etc or calculator during math work (that's not a reading accommodation, but a lot of kids who have challenges with reading have issues with memorizing math facts), and other accommodations which I can't remember at the moment!

3) You might be able to find a person through your local dyslexia association who could either give you advice or give your dd a dyslexia screening for much less $ than a neuropsych evaluation. Our ds had a spelling tutor many years ago who we found through our neuropsych who was "just a mom" initially but went back to school to become an educational consultant after raising her own dyslexic children. We had our dd screened for dyslexia through a retired sped teacher who now consults for our local homeschooling community.

4) Re-read the Eides' books and see what they suggest. I've got that on my own list of things to do - one of these days...

Best wishes,

polarbear