The second WISC was given as part of a comprehensive neuropsych exam that was wholly useless despite a rather lot of $ spent. We went with this psych b/c she had extensive experience working with kids with LDs and did say that she had experience with gifted kids as well, but I'm guessing that she had less experience with that population than she presented.

She wrote into the report that there were no LDs, no ADD, and that dd was less intelligent than her older sister (one of her IQ tests was higher, the other was a few points lower than her sister's). She also went on to opine that dd's problems were caused by pressure from parents to perform above her potential and that, while dd seemed bright, she was nothing out of the ordinary. Given the inclusion of numerous 99th-99.9th scores in that testing (and her WIAT was closer to the first set of WISC scores from a year earlier), I'd tend to differ.

She attributed the higher WIAT than expected given the second set of WISC scores to hothousing on our behalf. Dd had not even been close to hothoused. She had been massively educationally misplaced that year in 3rd grade and we had done nothing in terms of enrichment. The only thing we got out of it was the WIAT in combo with the IQ was enough for me to get pushy and get her included in GT classes @ school despite wildly erratic group test scores that sometimes qualified and sometimes didn't.

The ADD dx came from counseling sessions with a different psych the following year b/c the prior eval really didn't explain the ongoing problems we were seeing. Despite the neuropsych eval stating that she should not be placed in GT classes b/c that would just pressure her more and create more problems and that she didn't need it, she's done much, much better in terms of achievement and self image since she's been included in these types of classes.

We really can't afford another $1,000+ full eval.