I am reading this book at the moment "How to raise a gifted child". There is a statement in there about how there is a different "manual" for raising a gifted child compared to one not gifted. Interesting point for sure. This brings me to my question:

How do you most effectively discipline a gifted child? I am assuming there is a different "manual" for this as well as everything else...

DS4 (Just turned)is getting extremely defiant. I know that is nothing rare for a four year old. But you all know the verbal capabilities of an exceptionally gifted child can make for a heated argument and verbal exchange...

I am sensitive to the fact that he is EXTREMELY intuitive, sensitive and aware. He says when upset that, he doesn't want anyone to love him and if I keep loving him he will trap me in a cage and won't let me out until I say I DON'T. I am not sure if I should be alarmed by things like this? Or is it just premature teenage drama?

Not sure what to do with the discipline and I feel there has been WAY too much yelling here lately and I am afraid he is picking up on that and copying me.

Want to add that I also have DS2 (Almost 2) in the mix which causes a lot of issues for DS4 since he can be somewhat of an instigator.

Any advise, weather personal or based on research is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Annie