Originally Posted by Wren
During my 20s, I spent my life traveling first class and staying in the best hotels in the world. It was fun. I spent a lot of money on my clothes and went to ridiculous parties.

I drive a Honda Element now because it is totally plastic inside and I can vaccum it in 15 minutes. I have child and dog and spend summers at the beach, that is a priority. But when I went to Egypt in April, I bought 2 rugs. Because I wanted to. I have that option.

To make sure my kid has that option, to give her kids the summers at the beach, the travel, the lessons, the time with them, means a career that gives her choices. She could choose to live in MI and require less cash flow, but I will not be making those choices for her. She gets to make them when she is grown. Hence, what tools do I give her to be able to make those choices?

And why I went with confidence as one of those tools. Then we went on the tangent of how much anyone person should save.

Ren

Well, what tools did you have to be able to do all those things? I haven't left the country yet. You probably know the answer better than some of us...