Success is like beauty (in the eye of beholder). Really beautiful/successful people are easy to spot but as long as you are happy with who you are, who cares what others think.

As parents, we all want our kids to be successful (rich, famous, etc..) There are many HG kids who falter in the real world because of personality issues and who are profoundly successful (like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc..)

Success depends on the hardwork, dedication, social skills beside IQ and choices that you make in life. If the 1st doctor chose organ transplant/neurosurgery/invasive cardiology specialty (when he pick his residency), he could make 1 mil/yr like the other doc. But if he chose the specialty that he enjoys, I am sure he is happy going to work everyday. I would say that he is successful himself too. But if he wants the other guy's pay, then he is a failure within himself.

The same goes with the organ transplant doc. If he wants Bill Gates money, he is a failure (in his soul).

Money can't buy happiness but it helps you opportunity to have happiness (ability to go vacation, eat at favorite restaurants, etc..) and you can find happiness unrelated to money and success (material).

I have a secretary who had a online college degree (at 50 yrs old) and she believes she is successful because she is the 1st one in her family to graduate college. She makes about 40k and she is content with her life (livng in a modest home and drives a modest car). She did not balme her parents that she couldn't go to college after high school because they couldn't afford it. She worked soon after high school, got married, had kids and divorced. She is at peace with turn of events in her life.

A nurse who works for me makes about 80k. She drives a nice car and lives in a nice house but always complained about how high the mortage and car loan payments are. She wants to keep up with the Joneses and she is practically living pay check to pay check.

I want my kids to be scientists, innovators or CEOs of fortune 500 companies one day. But if they are not interested and pursue their dreams, I will teach them to be happy. If they find their balance in life, that will be my success (at least in my soul) in raising my kids.

May you all find success!