Originally Posted by HelloBaby
It's funny that you wrote this is normal because my mom keeps telling me that DS is nothing like her children or other grandchildren.
This may be true or your mom may have forgotten. My mom also didn't recognize my son's intensity in me or my brothers. Of course, that isn't how I remember things - one of my brother's had a terrible temper - used to turn bright red - and DM used to send me to him to 'jolly him up.'

I used to return 'helpful advice' such a the above with a very defensive 'Well, that's because you were so much better a parent than I am - what do you expect?' or 'Gee, Mom, do you have to rub it in? I'm insecure enough as it is?' and it was so over the top that we could both laugh. As the only daughter and oldest, my Mom and I were always very competitive. The alternative is to just agree that your DS is 'an unusual boy' and ask for any respite care your mom will give!

See if you can get any family movies to watch and if you are lucky, you might get your mom talking about some beautiful forgotten memories.

Peace,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com