Originally Posted by no5no5
But I don't see an under-supply of intelligent people in the world that ought to be corrected. I don't see why people who are perfectly satisfied with their lives and jobs and circumstances would benefit from an increased IQ. I don't want my IQ to be higher, or lower, and I don't want that for other people either (though of course I would not wish mental disability on anyone).
I don't think there is an undersupply of intelligent people either. However, I don't think the people in charge have any idea of who the appropriate people are for the work they are choosen for. I also don't think intelligence has anything to do with IQ tests.

It is not just a matter of whether I am satisfied with my life, but what about everyone else. I don't think IQ has anything to do with satisfaction in life. All I want is for the world to run a little smarter and make life much more satisfying for as many people as it can.

I don't know what to say about not wishing mental disability on anyone. The same could probably be said for giftedness. I haven't found the people I know with mental disabilities to complain anymore than anyone else I know.