Originally Posted by delbows
If you don't mind (and since you've shared the other scores), what was your son's verbal reasoning score?

I have no problem with sharing scores, especially to get help from those more knowledgeable than I am! smile

His VCI is 132.

What makes you think it might be an honest-to-goodness LD? That's something I wasn't really thinking about. I just tossed in the part about it seeming like an LD as an aside, to explain the situation. But now you've got me wondering...

He reads at the 6th grade level with virtually no trouble even though it's not his strongest area. (I often wonder if I should be giving him harder work to actually challenge him in reading.) But he's only at the 3rd grade level in math, and though some of the work is easy, it DOES seem like nearly everything is harder for him in math than it should be, given his WISC scores. I know IQ test scores are not everything, but his facility with patterns and shapes seems like it should make math easier than it is for him.

Since we're HSing, I guess I'm less concerned about "official" state/district policies of LD and the practical, working definitions, at least for now. However, perhaps I should also be thinking about an official LD diagnosis if one is needed for next year, when we're half-time at the GT school.

Hmmm...

Kriston