I'm so sorry this is happening.

Originally Posted by eco21268
... counselor stated the teachers had gone "above and beyond" for my son. When I asked her in what ways--she had no answer.
I'm proud of you for asking, and gently probing, for facts behind the opinions which the counselor shared.

In general, parents may wish to document each encounter. This may be in an advocacy notebook, and contain date, person(s) present (by name and/or tile, role, etc). Much of your documentation you may wish to keep for yourself at home. It is a ready resource to pull facts and information from when needed. You may wish to keep your documentation statements short, factual, unemotional. The teachers' inconsistencies and contradictions are, I think, quite important to document.

From the documentation you prepare, you may choose to send a summary of the meeting or phone call (teleconference). At the end of the summary you may wish to list next steps (as you understand them to be from the encounter). You may also wish to list questions. Sometimes enumerating the items helps ensure each one is answered/addressed.

There is a lot of advocacy information on the forums. The website wrightslaw and the book From Emotions to Advocacy are often helpful.

This old post gives one possible resource for finding an advocate.

This article from the Davidson Database, Finding A School That Fits, has a 2e emphasis and discusses finding an educational consultant.

You may have read this in posts elsewhere on the forums: a crowd-sourced list of meeting tips.