We have already shared the scores -- IQ, achievement, OT/PT, full neuropsych report, etc. The question I first posted was to see if this might have been a mistake down the line. After reading the responses so far, I'm feeling like this was the right decision for DS.

So far, it has been really positive that we did share the information. I agree with Loy58 that for a child who is 2e it is easy to underestimate them, and I think this is what his first grade teacher was doing -- even though she had the information. I think she really just didn't "get" gifted kids, especially those that are 2e. I feel lucky that while our state does not have a gifted mandate, our district does do at least something. I'm waiting to see if what they do will be enough, though. There seem to be a number of teachers and administrators who do understand gifted kids, and I think they want to help but they are limited in resources. I'm just keeping fingers crossed that he gets those teachers as he progresses through school.