Originally Posted by HappilyMom
Ok.. I guess I had not looked. District site does not appear to have a different contact person and site states:

All children who reside in District (including private school students) are entitled to evaluation and special education services if found eligible.

In my state, HS is private school.

So my third paragraph reads:

In accordance with CUSD 200 policy that private school students are entitled to evaluation and special education services if found eligible, we look forward to continuing to work together to develop his IEP to allow him to learn in a classroom environment accommodated for his learning and physical needs. If the contact person for this process has changed due to his withdrawal, please let us know so that we may contact that person.

HappilyMom, I would find out first what the policy is - I think you can find out quickly by calling the district SPED director (but I'm not in your state so my advice may be really off! - I know that info is easily attainable in my school district). If you found out that you go through your current school then leave it in, if you find out that your current school isn't part of the process, I'd leave the entire reference out simply to keep the letter brief.

polarbear

ps - if you *can't* find out quickly, your paragraph above is fine!

Last edited by polarbear; 09/16/13 12:45 PM.