That depends-- on a huge number of things.

Honestly-- and I don't mean this to sound offensive, but it probably will--

did this teacher maim or permanently injure your child? Place his life in danger? Or just temporarily leave you both reeling?

The reason that I ask is that there is (in my mind, at least) a lot of grey area in between clearly black/white discriminatory behavior.

I still think, based on what you've stated, that it comes down to a teacher who is ignorant. I don't believe in punishing ignorance-- but in educating it, where possible.

I say that as someone whose child was openly mocked in an e-mail passed around with a national club athletics organization-- by attorneys and coaches. A disability that really can kill her.

Mentioning that only to note that I get what you're feeling-- maybe even and then some, truthfully.

But I think that you're probably operating in "I'll get even with YOU..." or perhaps "How dare you treat us this way!!"

Neither of those things has a reasonable resolution as a result of anything that you do. It can only escalate the matter, and depending upon the size of your community-- do be careful placing your child in those particular cross-hairs. Word does get around. Mostly that word is going to be that you're a little neurotic and overprotective. (Unfair, I know.)

Here is what I think that you can-- legitimately-- state re: your decision to homeschool:

* attendance was not possible in the absence of a working IEP in the classroom-- the phrase that pays here is "hostile learning environment."

* your child was denied FAPE because of a procedural deficit (they didn't act to have a plan in place when he entered that teacher's classroom).

In other words, they need to fix that. They need some more effective means of meeting their child-find obligations and getting accommodations in place earlier-- what if this were a child who was medically fragile, hmmm? Any teacher with that attitude toward a child with asthma or diabetes could leave the district HORRIFICALLY exposed in terms of legal liability. Point that out.

If you make this about THAT teacher-- your message will not be heard. So don't. Make it about the process instead.

Then-- walk away. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.