HappilyMom, I just realized that you're in my state, so I know just how it feels to deal with our schools. I already asked about what we get if we homeschool (in the future) and while the special ed director insists DS5 needs to stay in school, she did say he would qualify for some services under his current IEP. But I'm pretty sure they try to give as little as possible, certainly not as much as if he was enrolled full time in the public school. Do some digging on the district website and see if you can find a document that would show all the Special education information for the past year (it's pretty much all about spending ... how much they paid for what and where the money came from). In our district the document showed how much time / money went towards services for private schools and homeschoolers. I found some spending that went to the local private catholic school and some more services for other private schools in the area, but did not find any spending on homeschoolers last year. We might be the first if we pull DS5 out this year. And DS3.5 will most certainly qualify for A LOT if we choose to go that route with him in the future. We are sure the younger one will be homeschooled at least through elementary.
So, going by my experience, I would think the best person to contact would be your district Special Education Director.