Yup. I just reread all this recently. Many argue as little as 3-5 pts between siblings. Research says 75% of siblings will be within 13 points (with tighter ranges less often). Birth order gives a handful of points to the oldest. And then a number of researches will note that kids pick up on the dynamic - so if Sally is so smart then that role is filled I'll paint more, etc. First borns are more achievement focused - statistically - second kids can be overlooked because they don't "apply" their smartiepantsitude in a similar dancing seal trick way. Of course, I am rereading all of this as we wonder if we'll go - pg to hg to gt or drop right off. #3 kid has moments of "wow really" and other moments of "wow really do you know your own name at least" ;-) It is weird because I feel like the pressure on #3 comes down to nature vs nurture since this last one hasn't gotten as much of our time. Sure she is a computer wiz - but I think computers are just intuitive and us adults don't know how to just go with it. I'm comforted by the words of Dr. Sally Reis who at least once pointed out that of all her kids - it was the one who wasn't served who had the people skills and business sense to do insanely well in a non academic way (she also point out with another kid that if you get perfect SATs - graduating from HS isn't a deal breaker ;-).

Do we drop 20 pts off the grid? Time will tell.