My dd's swim coach was talking to the kids in her team the other day. She complimented them on their behavior at their last swim meet. Some of the children that were not competing come just to cheer their team (even though the competition started at 8:00 a.m). Most of the children that came to compete stayed thru the entire meet even after they had completed their events. We had the loudest, most visible team.

She told the children that she was proud of the ribbons they had won, but she was even prouder of how they had supported each other and how they had cheered on their teammates on. She told them that was being in a team meant.

I think that we as parents of GT children are a team. We cheer each other thru advocacies and grade skips. We support each other thru difficult situations with the schools. We cry together when we see a child in a bad school situation. Yes, we are ready to fight for our children, but not each other. We are a team and a victory for one of our children is a victory for the team.

I have also found this site incredibly informative and supportive. As for you Dottie, you are a well of information. If ever we need a question on numbers, you are our gal. Grinity, your post are always uplifting and incredibly fun to read.