I too was surprised to hear that there is competitive parenting on this board. This is a wonderful supportive board with many knowledgeable people. People mention what their kids do but here and there and it's actually a good thing that they feel comfortable enough to talk about it.

As for homeschooling. I am not sure I've seen anywhere written that homeschooling is the best way to go for all gt kids. Everybody tries to come with what their believe is the best situation given their current situation and option. Right now we believe that p/t homeschooling would be the best thing for our son. Last year we thought that Montessori was the answer for next few years. A year from now we may be looking into something else. Having this place to see what others did, what can or cannot be easily done, how to negotiate with schools or how to try homeschooling is priceless.

NYC is a place full of wonderful opportunities, but it also looks like a stressful place when it comes to being admitted to the right preschool or the right K. It sounds like lots of competitive parenting is going on there.

Ren, to me it seems like you are really stress about next year application process. You remember what things increase an IQ number and by how much. Your DD is only 3 and you had her already tested twice. You know how kids who attended your DD school usually score on IQ test.

Nobody can be reduced to one single number and at the end of the day it's not about if our kids are in the best school or homeschooled, but if they are happy. Higher IQ doesn't make people more happy.

LMom