Brag away, Bianca! I love having a forum where we can "brag" -- read, share successes -- about our children without being ostracised for having a child that is so outside the norm. Truth is, many parents feel threatened by kids like this and you really can't share without being seen as "braggy" or "pushy."

And even on boards for gifted children, this is the least competitive I've seen. The sharing of numbers is for information and insight. Do I compare ds to others? Well, sure -- it's impossible not to. But do I feel like anyone thinks their child is better than mine, with higher test scores or a DYS acceptance or whathaveyou? Certainly not. I really like the community feel of this board, which is informative and jam-packed with brilliant children without being condescending to newcomers.

But now I'm curious, Ren -- have you visited gifted boards that are *less* competitive than this one? I'd be interested to check it out, because the other gifted board that I'm a regular on is much more "one-uppity" than this, though still not terrible.

Mia