Originally Posted by Wren
OK, I agree there is a great deal of support, but I still stand by "part competitive" and I think that is natural. Because we have had to suppress it dealing with parents of MG or ND kids.

And, as I am entitled to my opinion, you will of course be all supportive of that right? wink

Ren

LOL, Ren... I am very supportive of your opinion. It may seem that discussing IQs and test results here is competitive, but to me this is the only place to post them and discuss them. The fact that many here have much higher scores, doesn't take away from DDs intelligence or giftedness. The more I learn about testing, grade skips, acceleration etc. from others, I have a better idea how to advocate for DD.

I used to belong to other parenting boards and telling there that my DD was reading fluently by 4 didn't go over really well. It was mentioned that I must be a stage mom, or "stretching the truth" when all I wanted was to know other parents of GT children. Here I don't have to worry about being odd (at least for that reason). I hope you can find the information you need without feeling a competitive spirit.