Oh wow! Does this sound like my DS10's teachers or what?!? We have been so frustrated with this same thing! Cricket2, are her grades falling in just this one subject? I ask because a few things that you wrote, really stuck out for me . You said since starting middleschool, that things have gotten worse and that she doesn't know when assignments are due etc...This is just a thought, I know you were considering an ADD assessment...My understanding after talking to parents, teachers, students...Is that when you get to middleschool, your need for organization and heightened "executive functioning" skills are in a much higher demand. When our kids are younger, smarts get them by. As they get older and the demands of organization come into play, it gets harder and harder for some kids to keep up. It sounds like she is missing some key points about her assignments...My son was not writing down what the teacher would specifically say/need/want, so assignments became very confusing. Like your daughter, my son was very capable and at the last second, could easily whip out an 'A' paper. The problem was that his grades started to drop because he was missing out writing down specifics. Plus, his teacher is a total control freak, (It sounds like your daughter's teacher is too) which doesn't help matters! In a hurry so sorry if rambling...I just had to respond because your situation was sounding so much like my sons! I feel for you! Let us know how it's going smile