Originally Posted by Cricket2
I am more worried that he is going to grade future assignments more harshly if they aren't massively better than the last essay b/c he now thinks that she should be able to write much, much better than she did if that essay only took her 1.5 hours the night before it was due.

I agree with the others about how outrageous this is on its face. If it was me and a teacher changed a grade solely because he found out that the essay was written the night before, I'd be inclined to write to the principal. Unless he made it clear that writing it the night before would trigger a penalty (?) and also penalized others for doing this, he's singling out your daughter.

By refusing to provide a due date, he's also being unprofessional (IMHO!). Projects, whether for school or work, typically have due dates. Why are his special? How can anyone plan until they know the date?

He should also apply the same standards to everyone, which means that he should have a standard for an A, regardless of whether the essay was written in 90 minutes last night or last week.

Just my 2c; sorry you have to suffer this. He sounds like he could be bullying here.

Val

Last edited by Val; 10/15/10 07:46 PM.