I hear you. There doesn't seem to be much coordination between my 8 year olds teachers. Its frustrating. The math, language arts, reading, and homeroom teachers all use different organizational systems and types of binders and planners. Some days dd has way too much homework and other days she doesn't have any. The homeroom teacher wants dd to do the regular spelling homework, but she is actually in a spelling group with a different grade that has its own homework. So far dd has been good natured about all this and wanting to please everyone, but I am starting to think that the homeroom teacher at least is taking advantage of her good nature. The situation could bring out the worst aspects of perfectionism and the desire to please others. I don't like the idea that my 8 year old goes to bed several nights a week feeling like she hasn't gotten everything done.

Conferences are next week. So hopefully this can improve.

Jane, I don't think you are being cranky. Elementary school teachers go to school to learn how to teach. University instructors often have no background in teaching before they teach university classes. So I would expect the elementary school teacher to be more organized too!

Warning: sleep deprived