Originally Posted by StevenASylwester
So are you asking me to take my ball and bat and go home? or what?
C'mon, now... please read all my posts from start to finish from the beginning to the end. It is clear to me -- without the aid of Google Analytics -- that you did not.

NAPS is for a relatively few extraordinary people who have a narrow interest in mathematics and the physical sciences.
And why, exactly, is this something that needs to be handled at the federal level?

I believe there should be established options for gifted children and their parents � that the ongoing struggle should not be necessary.
I think you will find considerable agreement with that sentiment. I, for one, totally agree. I just think the "establishment of options" needs to be a little lot closer to home.

Unfortunately, many gifted children do not have supportive parents, either because the parents do not understand the needs of a gifted child or because the parents lack the time, energy, and financial resources that are necessary to make a difference.
And how, exactly, is this something that can be efficiently remedied at the federal level?

Andy J. Dandifer

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz