LighthouseKeeper is right. From the sounds of it, I'm not sure that when he is a teenager that my son would be interested in NAPS, let alone that he would be well-suited ability-wise for the program. So far he seems to be able to soak up whatever he likes (including math) at a fast clip, but I haven't had him tested, and I understand testing can be inaccurate at his age. Although I have a feeling he will be a very highly effective person, I have no way of predicting specifically what he'll be like.

But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on what I've read here. This thread seems to be used for extremely long-winded promotion of your idea, blogs, etc., Steven Sylwester. I'm not trying to attack you personally, but you post novella-length answers in response to criticism, often ranging far afield from your topic. You've essentially acknowledged that your use of the NASA name is not approved by anyone. You get quite argumentative when people make good points in response to you. You seem to be... highly focused on using this space to promote your idea at all costs.

I just think everyone here has said all they can usefully say about the NAPS proposal, and that your first post from today was a transparent "bump" to the top of the heap in the hopes that someone would notice all the words you've written here. I am sorry if you took offense, but I really think this thread should be allowed to sink down in the list of threads if there's no genuine new content to add.

I am genuinely sorry for offending you-- and I felt that you might take offense, based on things previously written here-- but I still think it's a bit in poor taste to bump a thread for no real reason, to promote one's self or cause. I will say that you seem to be genuinely interested in seeing this NAPS thing through. I will reserve open judgment on whether that is likely to happen, and I won't post here again.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick