I completely understand where you all are coming from. My DD (almost 5) is very intense, can be extremely hyper to the point where I want to medicate her. The thing I realize...for me anyway, is that the difference between true ADHD and a "high energy" child is that a true ADHD kid can't turn on and off their hyperactivity; it's something truly innate. My daughter plays very well on her own when she chooses to, but after sitting for a while she needs to burn off some energy and she just becomes a wild child!

When she's bored she acts up...her behavior overall has improved since 3 yrs. old. Her behavior at 3 was absolutely atrocious...that was a very, very hard year. Her 4th yr. hasn't been easy either but I would say there has been improvements; I have seen her grow emotionally though still she will revert to very toddler-like behaviors. I told her today that when she decides to act like a 5 yr. old she can come down and join the rest of us. (She'll be 5 in less than 2 weeks.) She was in her room and she had no toys or books and had to sit on her bed. It took her a little time but she came down because the attention was taken away from her.

My DD will also do really well on something then either scribble on it or will even pretend to forget how to do something which is absolutely infuriating! I would write more but we have company...I'm just so glad that other people struggle w/these types of behaviors. Sometimes you just feel that you're alone in this even knowing that you aren't...I just couldn't find anyone else w/a child like mine till this board.

Hugs to you all!

Azuil