Originally Posted by Ruby
Kimck, you said your husband was a skeptic. If you don't mind me asking, what were his objections and what has changed his opinion? Kriston, did you encounter any of these concerns from your husband or other family members? And if so, how were you able to persuade them?

My husband was (and probably is) very much in denial about the whole HG-PG thing. If you ask him to this day, he'd say we're homeschooling because "My wife wants to." ROFL! laugh Of course, I do want to. That's definitely a necessary ingredient. But if I thought I could find an equally good fit at a school, we'd be there.

For him, it was seeing where DS was at socially and academically after about 6 months time. He was so crabby going to school, and he is mostly a really easy kid now. We very much considered last year an experiment. My daughter was at preschool and I was home anyway. But it definitely made him change his tune. He didn't even bat an eye when our daughter declared she needed to be homeschooled too. This year was an experiment with her in the mix. But that's been great too.